Robin Lynn Frank wrote:

I know it is an unusual question, but has anyone here used mod.clamav
with apache 2 and clamav?  Good?  Bad?  Ugly?

IMHO this works quite well. We use that combination as virus scanning http/ftp proxy on several machines. We use Debian packages, only mod_clamav had to be compiled from source. Apache2 is configured as parent cache for Squid. Try to use the "daemon" mode, where clamd does the actual scanning. But also the "local" mode works.

On a very loaded web cache you should have a huge RAM disk for /tmp
and a fast CPU!

This solution gave far better results than the various Squid
redirectors that are available (eg SquidClamAV Redirector).

Regards
Gunter