On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 at 19:49:30 +0100, Guillaume Arcas wrote:
> Tomasz Papszun a écrit :
>
> >Unpack the CVD containers so some other directory, remove the unwanted
> >signature from the plain text databases, instruct the clamscan (or
> >clamd) to use databases from that other directory.
>
> Means that clamscan can use both text databases and CVD. I wasn't sure.
> Thanks.

I'd like to add:
in case you wanted to disable some signature because of a false
positive, the proper way of solving this is submitting the sample at
http://www.clamav.net/sendvirus.html  (selecting the button "A false
positive") so that the signature could be corrected/removed. This way,
all users will benefit.

--
 Tomasz Papszun    SysAdm @ TP S.A. Lodz, Poland    | And it's only
 tomek at lodz.tpsa.pl http://www.lodz.tpsa.pl/iso/ | ones and zeros.