J. Rivero

> Hi Rene,

Hello.

> I am having exactly the same problem as Ed Vazquez. And I
> have pthread.h
> in my /usr/include directory. I would like to use the POSIX
> threads to
> have decent performance, any idea other than disable pthreads?
>
> Thanks, J Rivero
>
> Here a cut-and Paste (OpenBSD 3.6)
>
> output.o(.text+0x3c7):/usr/local/src/clamav-0.82/clamscan/../s
> hared/output.c:185:
> undefined reference to `pthread_mutex_unlock'

Here it looks like pthread.h is not being found or is an incompatible
version.  If it was not found there should be a message before this saying
just that, but it looks like configure did find it that's the reason the
compilation is trying to use it.

Check the version of pthread.  My pthread.h has no version but the copyright
goes to 2003.  The function `pthread_mutex_unlock' should be defined in
pthread.h .

If it's not defined then you should install a recent version of pthread.

> ../libclamav/.libs/libclamav.so.1.7: undefined reference to
> `pthread_cleanup_pop'
> ../libclamav/.libs/libclamav.so.1.7: undefined reference to
> `pthread_create'
> ../libclamav/.libs/libclamav.so.1.7: undefined reference to
> `pthread_cleanup_push'
> ../libclamav/.libs/libclamav.so.1.7: undefined reference to
> `pthread_join'

Here the library pthread is not found.  It looks like the pthread library is
not being linked; check if the link command includes a '-lpthread'
parameter.

The most probable cause is that the pthread library is not in the linker's
path or database (this varies with the OS and settings), if you installed
pthread by compiling it yourself perhaps you need to run ldconfig or change
LD_LIBRARY_PATH if you use that.

As you can see, there are at least 2 different problems with your
configuration.  I suggest work with the first one until solved, then go to
the next one.

Regards.
--
René Berber