Thoralf Will schrieb:
Hello,

On a mailserver I'm running a fairly old v0.65 via amavisd-new and now it's about time to upgrade to a more recent version. Is there anything I have to pay attention to or is it sufficient to simply upgrade clamav/clamd and restart the service? (amavisd-new is also running in a fairly old version but there are no known issues, so I do not plan to upgrade amavisd at the moment.)

A bit late, I would say ;-)

1. Save your configs (.../etc/clamav.conf)
2. Uninstall _everything_ related to clam. Don't forget libclamav.
3. Install new.
4. Configure clamav by using the new config templates. Too much has changed since 0.65. Look at your old configs only for crucial paths like log files and socket locations.
5. Check if clamd's socket location in amavisd-new's configuration.
6. set up start scripts (and/or a crontab for freshclam)
6. You should be done.

Thomas