On 4/15/2005 at 5:49 PM Nigel Horne wrote:

> [...]

okay this is what I have

server A (sendmail server)
clmilter, S=inet:[EMAIL PROTECTED],F=, T=S:4m;R:4m

server B (clamav-milter server)
CLAMAV_FLAGS="inet:3311 -qlm5"

server B (sendmail config no real email accounts but the system usual)
clmilter, S=inet:[EMAIL PROTECTED],F=, T=S:4m;R:4m

The results are that server b sendmail works fine thru the inet connection to
server b clamav-milter and scans perfectly fine but server a sendmail doesn't
connect or attempt to connect (no errors or anything in logs) to clamav-milter
on server b

I can telnet from server a to server b port 3311 and connect without a problem,
it is not blocked by iptables or hosts.deny

the domain looks up fine and has same results if i replace its name with an ip
address

netstat report from server b on clamav
[EMAIL PROTECTED] root]# netstat -plan|grep clam
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:3311            0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN
9060/clamav-milter
unix  2      [ ]         DGRAM                    20428504 9060/clamav-milter

Carl