Hello Jim,

Thanks for the response.

>Um..clamav 0.83 uses clamd.conf, not clamav.conf.
This also confused me, when i looked at the man page it indicated that
since 0.80 the config file name was changed to clamd.conf, but this does
not seem to be the problem as i sym-linked the existing /etc/clamav.conf
to /etc/clamd.conf and the same error occurred again. This is on SuSE
Ent. Server 9 and i don't know why but i think they (SuSE/Novell)
compiled ClamAV and hardcoded the config file to /etc/clamav.conf. I'm
not sure how to verify this but i don't know how else to explain it.

The overlap was my imagination, i thought i was seeing many of the same
options but i see what you mean, they are specific to each service.