On Wed, Apr 20, 2005 at 06:25:50PM +0200, José Miguel López Coronado said:
> Hello everybody.
>
> I have been suffering the following problem in my clamd.log:
> LibClamAV Error: Can't create temporary file
> /tmp/clamav-d0a0c6a5466f36fc/: Argumento inválido
> LibClamAV Error: fileblobDestroy: file not saved: report to
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> This have happended since I changed to 0.83 clamav version and only in
> one of the three servers where I have it installed. The three of them
> are running RedHat 9.0.
>
> Any idea why is this happening?
>
> Thanks in advance.

The c library function mkstemp is failing on your system for some
reason - this is rather unusual for a linux system.  I expect that
something else is actually going on, and it is not that actually an
error that strange.

You most likely have a mixture of old and new versions of the clam
libraries in /usr/local/lib or /usr/lib.

On Thu, Apr 21, 2005 at 09:01:47AM +0800, Gene Leung said:
> Hi All,
>
> You are not the only one,  I even upgrade it to 0.84RC1 and still have
> the same problem.  My machine is using Fedora Core 2.  I posted this
> question previously.  I was told to turn on the debug, i.e.,
> --enable-debug.  Any way, I even tried to fall back to use the old
> version in order to get rid of this problem but in vail.  It gives me
> another problem.  To the worst, I think I need to reinstall the whole
> machine.  Since it really gives me a headache since the upgrade!
>
> Before I reinstall the whole machine, can anyone tell me what the best
> way to reinstall just the old version of clamd 0.80?

cd $old/source/dir
make uninstall
cd $new/source/dir
./configure $args
make
make install

Reinstalling is so Microsoft.  You really shouldn't need to do that,
unless RedHat is worse than I think.

On Wed, Apr 20, 2005 at 09:21:34PM -0400, Dale Walsh said:
> This is occurring because the shared libraries are no longer built and
> the lazy binding or bind at load actually work differently on different
> OS's.

Of course the shared libraries are built.  There is either something
very wrong with your build environment, or with OSX (although I doubt
the latter).

> I've already seen issues in Mac OSX with iostream and I have generated
> my own work-around that is unique to my OS due to heavy modification by
> manually (shell script) generating the shared libraries because
> everything seems to work better with them.

Please report to your vendor that their c++ libraries (irrelevant to
clamav, but still) are broken in some way.  This will help others get
over the same problems you have enountered.
|  Stephen Gran                  | "I'd love to go out with you, but I'm   |
|  [EMAIL PROTECTED]             | converting my calendar watch from       |
|  http://www.lobefin.net/~steve | Julian to Gregorian."                   |