On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 15:09:37 -0700, Todd Lyons <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>Chris de Vidal wanted us to know:
>
>>Is our situation that foreign?  I was half expecting someone to tell me
>>"We have a 5TB FTP server and can scan it all under 40 minutes with .25
>>extra load average!  You just have to do this..."
>
>Most people with stuff that large have a three teir system:
>1) AV installed on the desktop, auto-updating virus definitions.  This
>usually implies a commercial AV solution.
>2) AV installed on the server, auto-updating virus definitioons, doing
>on-access scanning only.  This usually implies a commercial AV solution.
>3) Secondary AV installed on the server, auto-updating virus
>definitions, doing full system scans on set intervals.  This can be a
>commercial solution but ClamAV fits VERY well into this slot.
>
>If the scan is occurring during normal business hours, then yeah, you
>need to nice the heck out of it to keep it from sucking away
>performance.  If you know a bit about c, you could add a commandline
>option --delay=x where x is the number of milliseconds to pause between
>files.
>
>Good luck!
>
><12 line signature snipped>

OK, good time to ask my question.

Is there any centralized spam scanner available for Linux, a la
Symantec Corporate?  I'm using clam on my incoming mail servers, and
the Symantec product protecting the desktops.  But it's the only
Windows server app I still have - if I could find a centralized system
that could run on Linux, I could dump Windows completely.

--
Tim Boyer