Brian Morrison wrote:
On Tue, 03 May 2005 18:55:15 +0100 in
[EMAIL PROTECTED] Trog <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

On Tue, 2005-05-03 at 18:18 +0100, Brian Morrison wrote:

Pretty sure that clamd from 0.84 supports RAR v3 archive scanning.

Only CVS currently supports RAR3 scanning.

Oh OK, I thought the new RAR code had made it into the released version.
Sorry!

Honestly, i thought so too..the release announcement was sort of misleading.

- from release announcement -

release 0.84 is available for download.
This version improves detection of JPEG (MS04-028) based exploits,
introduces support for TNEF files and new detection mechanisms. Various
bugfixes (including problems with scanning of digest mail files) and
improvements have been made.

** We encourage users to help testing the development versions, now with
** ** rewritten RAR code and support for 3.0 archives!                   **
**                  http://www.clamav.net/snapshot/                      **

The ChangeLog includes:

- end release snippet -

That little bit about encouraging users to help testing the development versions is kinda stuck in the middle of the announcement there and initially i thought the "rewritten RAR code and support for 3.0 archives" was referring to the release, but after a second reading, it appears they are only referring to the development snapshots.

-Jim