On Wednesday 04 May 2005 16:40, Phillip Salzman wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just put clamav (and clamav-milter) into production on two fairly
> large Sendmail servers.  Before doing this, I tested it on a box and
> didn't have any problems.
>
> It seems that I'm having a couple possibly unrelated issues.  First of
> all, I have seen several clamav-milter processes eating up as much CPU
> as possibly and not finishing.  Secondly, I've found these errors in
> /var/log/messages:
>
> --
> May  4 13:39:03 lora clamav-milter: ClamAv: accept() returned invalid
> socket (Result too large), try again
> May  4 13:39:28 lora last message repeated 9 times
> --
>
> I'm currently using clamav 0.84e on FreeBSD 4.9-stable.  They are on
> Dell hardware.
>
> Does anyone know where I should look?  I haven't found anything about
> this and have come up with very few hits in Google.

As I said on #clamav, I only have access to FreeBSD5 so I can't reproduce
the problem. What are your startup arguments to clamav-milter? The accept()
call is from within the libmilter library, not clamav-milter, what version
of sendmail do you have?

> Thanks,
>
> Phillip Salzman

-Nigel

--
Nigel Horne. Arranger, Composer, Typesetter.
NJH Music, Barnsley, UK.  ICQ#20252325