Hello.

I compiled Clamav .83 from the .gz download. When I found that .84 was
available in RPM from SuSE (my OS is SuSE 9.1) I downloaded the RPM and
attempted to install same after shutting down clamd and freshclamd, etc. and
removing all of what I could find of the .83 files. The RPM seemed to load
OK, with the exception that /etc/init.d/freshclam.conf from .83 was
retained. I compared the .83 freshclam.conf to the .84 and renamed files as
required. I was not, however, all set, as running freshclam again resulted
in a message that .83 was still running. I attempted to remove all of .84
and ensure that all of .83 was removed. Now I am no longer able to install
the RPM. When I try to install or to update the RPM I get a message that the
RPM is already installed. When I try to remove the application, I receive a
message that it is NOT installed. Any one know what log, etc the RPM install
or upgrade application would check to see if the stuff is already installed?
Alternatively, where can I get a complete list of all the files the
application would install?

Thanks

Mike