On 5/4/05, Nigel Horne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> There is a current limitation: if you don't give the --external option, you
> must
> use --max-children, otherwide clamav-milter will fail to start.

Thank, you Nigel.  Interestingly, clamav-milter *was* starting and
running for extended periods, and it had been working properly since
at least version 0.80.  It was only Monday morning while still using
0.83 that things would suddently stop working after a database update.

FWIW, I switched to an --external configuration, and things seem to be
working properly now - no lockups since making the change yesterday.

--
Pete Hanson

http://www.well.com/user/wolfy
http://www.fotolog.net/wolfy