On May 09, 2005, at 10:33, Dennis Peterson wrote:

Dale Walsh said:

--------------------------------------
freshclam daemon 0.84 (OS: darwin8.0.0, ARCH: ppc, CPU: powerpc)
ClamAV update process started at Mon May  9 09:27:02 2005
main.cvd is up to date (version: 31, sigs: 33079, f-level: 4,
builder: tkojm)
daily.cvd is up to date (version: 871, sigs: 1178, f-level: 4,
builder: ccordes)

I did not rebuild anything, I disabled the cron job and ran freshclam as a daemon and it updated the db's almost immediately.

Reasons?

-- Dale

Almosts sounds like the cron process was running as an underprivileged
users - no write permissions on the file being updated, or possibly no
write permissions in the directory that file is located in. Or the cron
environment doesn't have all the information it needs. Any interesting
errors in cronlog?

The user assigned to the cron job was clamav, same user that freshclam runs under, I set perms to 0777 and tried again but it wont update when it's run as a cron.

dp

I'm content with it running as a daemon, I thought perhaps this would solve the issue for others who are running it as a cron job and the db refuses to update.

-- Dale