On May 09, 2005, at 13:24, Eric Cunningham wrote:

We're having the same issue on RHEL 3 running clamav .83 Running freshclam manually works fine but when run from cron, we get the same error trying to download daily.cvd Cron user is clamav (same user runs freshclam manually). Permissions look fine. I'd look into it further but we're about to replace RH with debian sarge for various other reasons anyway. If we still have trouble, I'll post what I find.
-eric

I found running it as a daemon solved this issue.

Dennis Peterson wrote:

Dale Walsh said:

The user assigned to the cron job was clamav, same user that
freshclam runs under, I set perms to 0777 and tried again but it wont
update when it's run as a cron.

dp

I'm content with it running as a daemon, I thought perhaps this would
solve the issue for others who are running it as a cron job and the
db refuses to update.

-- Dale

You're running under Tiger now? I'm about to upgrade one of my systems and
would like to try this. Anomalous behavior like this usually bites you
later. You did check the directory perms the data are in and are certain
there's but one version of freshclam installed? (mandatory stupid
questions :-)

dp

-- Dale _______________________________________________ http://lurker.clamav.net/list/clamav-users.html