I have a rather pointed question for the mailing-list.  I currently manage a
dedicated RedHat 9 Linux system for a non-profit.  This system comes
pre-installed with Qmail and Spam Assassin which is managed or configured via
Plesk (web-based) management tool.  I have decided to try implementing ClamAv
into this configuration because we are starting to see a steady flow of email
with viral attachments.  I have followed all of the instructions on installing
ClamAv and the system works fine in getting nightly updates and also I can run
it as a command-line tool which also works great.  I have scanned all of their
stored emails and found many that contained viruses.

With that said, I would like to find a way of integrating this with qmail to
scan all incoming and outgoing emails.  My problem is that I also do not want
to disturb or mess up the pre-installed qmail configuration preventing a person
from using Plesk for management in the future.  I know that the pre-installed
configuration of qmail has some means of shelling out and testing the emails
for spam because spam assassin is also installed, but I do not know where to
start to look for this.  I was wondering is anyone here has installed ClamAV on
a dedicated 1and1.com system where qmail was pre-installed with success, and if
not, if there are any other ways of scanning emails without having to install
or configure the qmail-scanner tool?

Sorry for what may seem like a silly question, but I'm new to qmail and ClamAV.
 I just do not know where to start to look.  I contacted the hosting company
that makes the server images and I was told that they do not get involved in
the configuration or recommendations for their customers who have dedicated
systems.  So It is up to me to make this happen.

Directions, comments, URLs, help?

Quella