Dennis Peterson wrote:

> There is no need to block outright from the outset.

> As I mentioned earlier, I'm getting slammed from comcast.net from relays
> all over the US. It is far easier to block by obvious dsl/cable host
> identifiers than to spend hours trying to figure out what /24 IP ranges
> to tweek. I see the problem as comcasts, not mine. Your milage may vary
> - I know mine did.

 The point with the above is different. Comcast had the initial, with you,
opportunity and made a mess of it. With that level of abuse, if its
related to their network in any way or form, it would be blocked. Even I
wouldn't bother with a /24 block for that level of abuse. By that point, I
would merrily block their entire network, rhsbl and rbl, without giving it
a second thought.

 There is no need to blanket ban every other providers dsl yet, though :)

All the best,

Matt