I have recently installed Clam AV 0.85 and have downloaded the latest updates
through freshclam.  We are running this software on a new e-mail gateway server
built with Postfix and Mandrake LE2005.  Please excuse my ignorance as I am
very new to this product.  My question is that with clamd running as a process
and freshclam telling me that the latest updates are loaded the test viruses
sent from webmail.us are being allowed through.  I believe that clamav is
working as numbers 1-3, 6-12, and 13 were all blocked but the rest of the 27
files were allowed through.  Am I missing something?  Shouldn't clamav have a
better detection rate than that?  Should I be restarting the clamd process
every time freshclam updates?  Everything starts properly with no errors in
either clamd.log or freshclam.log.  Shouldn't clamav be intercepting all virus
messages passing through the gateway?  There is no local delivery on this
server - everything is relayed to four internal mail servers.  I re-read the
documentation, faq's, and mailling list archives and didn't see much of help.
Any assistance anyone can provide would be most welcome.

Douglas Ward
Director of Information Technology
NC Methodist Conference
1307 Glenwood Ave.