I've installed ClamAV 0.83 on an HP-UX 11.11 system. I'm running clamd, and it's communicating with MIMEDefang 2.51 via a socket. Clamd is not able to unpack tar archives or compressed files. I've set and exported the TMPDIR, TMP, and TEMP environment variables in the init script that runs clamd; I've explicitly set the TemporaryDirectory setting in clamd.conf. I'm using /var/tmp as the temporary directory, and anyone can write to it, and it has about 1.5 Gb free. I know clamd can write to /var/tmp, because it successfully unpacks the initial db stuff there on startup. I've tried running clamd in the foreground with debugging turned on, but haven't found anything helpful. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Karl Boyken

--
Karl Boyken, system administrator [EMAIL PROTECTED]
303A MLH, Dept. of Comp. Sci. http://www.cs.uiowa.edu/~boyken/