Hello

I got same problem after updated to 0.84.

clmilter options:
clamav_milter_flags="--quiet --max-children=50 --force-scan --noxheader --quarantine-dir=/var/spool/quarantine"
sendmail.mc:
INPUT_MAIL_FILTER(`clmilter', `S=local:/var/run/clamav/clmilter.sock, F=, T=S:4m;R:4m')

I tryed max-children=10 and =100.
But same error was logged at clamd.log, after freshclamd had updated to newer *.cvd files.

clamd.log:
LibClamAV Warning: Not reloading database until idle - waiting for 2 children
LibClamAV Warning: Waiting for 1 children until databae reload
LibClamAV Warning: Not accepting inputs at the moment
LibClamAV Warning: Not accepting inputs at the moment

The only "solution" is to start or restarting clamav-milter.
Me too.

My freshclamd.conf is configured to restart clamav-milter, whenever freshclamd updates to newer *.cvd versions.

# Run command after successful database update.
# Default: disabled
OnUpdateExecute /usr/local/etc/rc.d/clamav-milter.sh restart

regards
yagisawa