On May 21, 2005, at 02:23, Nigel Horne wrote:

On Friday 20 May 2005 14:44, Craig Green wrote:

 clamav 0.85.1 on two servers.  Both quit right about midnight.  I
found the following log entries on one of them:

Are you using FreeBSD?

We've had the milter quit on a couple of FreeBSD servers here--on 0.85,
anyway.  We thought it was upon DB updates, but weren't certain.
Switching to --external seems to have helped, anyway. We now run . 85.1,
but we're still using --external so I don't know if the problem still
exists.

That's your problem. You've removed the quotes from your original post in this followup (note to others - please don't do this, when there are a lot of support emails you need help to put them all together - relying on my memory isn't
a good idea ;-) ) so
I can't remember the exact text and do the googling for you, but I do know
that a bit of googling will
point you into the direction of a freebsd patch.

Craig.

Now I am a bit confused too. I can't tell if the patch you are referring to is in response to Craig or me. In any case, I have tried to locate this patch looking for various combinations of clamav, clamav-milter, freebsd, 0.85.1 and a few others I don't recall. The closest I have come is to a long discussion of a memory leak but I don't find any resolution or patch associated with that. What is the patch to?