bash-3.00# uname -a
NetBSD  2.0.2 NetBSD 2.0.2 (GENERIC) #0: Thu Mar 24 02:28:37 MST 2005
root@:/usr/obj/sys/arch/amd64/compile/GENERIC amd64

bash-3.00# clamscan -V
ClamAV 0.84/889/Sun May 22 04:18:49 2005

I've been noticing several clamscan processes running, taking up 100%
of the CPU. Some have been running for over 300 minutes. They usually
last only less than half a second. This is critical, since I'm running
a very high load email server for thousands of users.

I cannot tell what the clamscan process is freezing up on, I am
currently developing a project that will allow me to look into other
processes' memory so that I can view the email (and/or it's
attachments) being scanned.

I would appreciate that this problem be addressed immediately and
fixed quickly, as every few hours the server (3.2Ghz!) slows to a
halt. Your help is very much appreciated and I love the product you
guys have spent time making.

Thank you,

Shawn Webb

--