> > You need to edit the milter.conf, clamd.conf and freshclam.conf files just
> > like
> > it says.

I edited the respective files.But few  problems

a) I am getting this  "Please activate the clamav update in
/etc/cron.d/clamav-update"

I edited the /etc/cron.d/clamav-update file and uncommented the following
MIN HOUR/3 * * * root /usr/bin/freshclam --quiet && { test -x
/usr/sbin/clamav-notify-servers && exec
/usr/sbin/clamav-notify-servers || :; }

I replaced  MIN with 3 and  HOUR with 24 .

Then i commented the following  line
1 8 * * * clamav /bin/sh -c 'echo "Please activate the clamav update
in /etc/cron.d/clamav-update" >&2'

I have done the right thing or not?
Will the clamav will automatically update itself or I have to do some
more changes to make it work?

2) There is a script under /etc/init.d
"clamd-wrapper"

I tried to start this script/service but it says "unrecognized service".

Is there any problem with this service means it is not installed correctly?
What is the use or purpose of clamd-wrapper.

3)  I am using Postfix as  MTA  , I am not using any other utility or
tool like Mail Scanner to scan mails, but I can see that  in the mail
headers there are entries for "f-prot ".It means the clamav is
scanning the mails also.

Still do I need to install and configure utilities like Mail Scanner
or clamav-milter is enough to scan all the mails.

Thanks & Regards

Ankush Grover