Fajar A. Nugraha wrote:
Jan Alphenaar wrote:

open. The problem is now that attachements >4Mb are taking ages to scan.
The CPU is now busy for 100% running clamscan.

Because the users connect with Outlook Express this application will now
say to the user that the mailserver is not responding (since the smtp
session is still open) and asks the user what to do, wait or stop ?

With this in mind I have the following questions:

1) Can I configure clamscan so it will operate faster ?
clamdscan should be faster than clamscan.

This is true.

2) Can I configure qmail-scanner to disconnect the smtp session and starts
clamav in the background (probably a qmail-scanner question) ?
I don't think any MTA is able to do that.

I believe qmail does this by default. It does not keep the smtp session open during scanning. There are patches that allow it to keep the session open..i imagine you are using one of these. Perhaps you want to remove them?

A workaround is to tell your MTA/wrapper to scan small files only (<1MB).
Configuring Exim is easy, but I don't know how to configure qmail-scanner to do that.

Regards,

Fajar

-Jim