On Wed, 1 Jun 2005 09:16:06 -0700 (PDT) in
[EMAIL PROTECTED] Joanna Roman
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I am using 0.83. If I do not upgrade, will clamd
> eventually refuse to reload main.cvd and daily.cvd ? I
> already noticed that the new sigtool refuses to list
> sigs if I used it on older versions of virus databases.

The last time this happened I think that the database format changed
about the time that 0.8x appeared and that meant that 0.65 and earlier
would not be able to read the new versions.

Yes, 0.8x will eventually be useless but by then new versions will be
out and you will be seriously lacking in protection if you have not
upgraded already.

--

Brian Morrison

bdm at fenrir dot org dot uk