Ronny Nussbaum wrote:
> Forgive my ignorance, but I only know how to install Perl modules with
> "perl -MCPAN -e shell", then typing install <moudule name".
> Once I do that, how can I use the module that you wrote?
> Should they be accessible from a script? or are they themselves already
> scripts?

They are not executables in themselves.

If you read the man-page[1] of ClamAV::Client, there are examples of how to
use it.  You simply create a new text file, e.g. clamd-control, and make
it executable (`chmod +x clamd-control`).  Then you choose the parts you
wish to use and put them in the file, preceded by a "#!/path/to/perl"
(usually /usr/bin/perl) line.

In case you don't speak Perl, you could try the attached Perl script.  Call
it as `clamd-control ping`, `clamd-control version`, `clamd-control scan
filename', etc. (i.e. use the clamd commands, except for "stream" and
"session").