> I notice that in my /usr/sbin folder there are 3 clam related files.
>
> 1..clamav-milter
> 2..clamd
> 3..clamsmtpd
>
> I am trying to create a filter for evolution to scan for viruses.  I was
> able to create a filter for spam by pointing to spamc.  I presume it is
> either one or two above.  But which one does the work?

Neither of them. They are not intended to be run by a user anyway.

Have a look at the ClamAV related executables in your /bin directory.
Oh, and *please* have a look at the documentation...

'clamscan' can scan data streams, which is necessary in your case.
Unfortunately there is no client for the 'clamd' daemon provided AFAIK,
that takes data streams -- which would speed up scanning.

A Filter condition like this works for your purpose:

  "Pipe to Program"  "/bin/clamscan --quiet -"  "returns"  "1"

The dash is necessary to use it on data streams, the --quite option
prevents scanning reports on STDOUT. See 'man clamscan' for more
details.

A warning about Evolution Filters and STDOUT:

Although a quick test even without --quite just did work for me, I
vaguely remember a bug at some time, that output on STDOUT may "rewrite"
the mail. Did not do this for me. You should test this anyway, before
running this on valuable mails...

A related note: Evolution 2.2.x comes with SA integration. That is,
there is a convenient option to use SA to filter for SPAM. It uses
spamc/spamd if available, and there are buttons to train Bayes by
explicitly learning mails. There even is a "Junk Test" Filter. No need
at all to create a filter for this purpose on your own...

...guenther

--
char *t="[EMAIL PROTECTED]";