On Tuesday 26 Jul 2005 16:43, Ken Jones wrote:
> On Tue, July 26, 2005 10:35, Bob Hutchinson wrote:
> >>
> >> http://www.webmail.us/testvirus
> >>

> >> That sends 30 or so variations on the eicar virus to your mail system.
> >> There are two or three that should pass (I think it's 17 and 18, but it
> >> has been a while).  If any others make it through, you've done something
> >> wrong.
> >
> > Just tried this, using clamv v 0.86.2, daily cvd v 993
> > It let test No 27 through, but nothing else
>
> I just went to the site (Tuesday morning, 11:30am eastern) and there are
> tests 1-26, but NO 27 ..???? What is test 27 that it let through ?

hmmm how odd, they sent me 3 emails for each test I did, one for clamav and
one for Kaspersky

Here is the body of the first one:

begin 600 eicar.com
<snip>removed this, my virus scanner stops it</snip>
end

This message was sent to you because you or someone you know is testing your
mail server's virus scanner at:  http://www.webmail.us/testvirus

This test message contains:

Test #27: Eicar virus within a ZIP file that has been manipulated to evade
detection by some anti-virus software by changing the uncompressed size to
zero within the ZIP file headers.

If your mail server's virus scanner did not detect this email, it allows some
viruses through!  Please note: This test message uses the EICAR test virus,
which is completely benign and contains no viral code.  For more information
see:  http://www.eicar.org

This free test has been provided to you by Webmail.us.

--
Bob Hutchinson