Hello,

I am using clamav 0.87 on FreeBSD 5.4-RELEASE-p1 along with
qmail-scanner and qmail as a smart host for my Exchange server. Lately
we have been having problems with scan times on mail with large
attachments and I would like to have some larger attachments ignored by
clamd to combat this.

There is a StreamMaxLength configuration option in the clamd.conf file
which I have set to 5M, however clamd still seems to be scanning files
larger than 5 megabytes. In fact, it seems to scan files larger than 10
megabytes which is listed as the default. Files take about the same
amount of time whether I scan from the command line with clamdscan or
send the files as attachments. It seems like clamd is ignoring the
StreamMaxLength option.

I know the config file is being read correctly because other changes
take effect when I restart clamd, for example LogClean and LogTime.
Also, if I zip the file and scan it, the scan completes very quickly
(the ArchiveMaxFileSize option is being honored).

What should I do to troubleshoot this further?

-Will

--
Will Saxon
Systems Programmer, Network Services