John Belamaric wrote:

[snip]
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] clamd.d]# grep VirusEvent *
> #VirusEvent /usr/local/bin/send_sms 123456789 "VIRUS ALERT: %v"
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] clamd.d]#
>
> I don't have a clamd.conf, just a "milter.conf" in the clamd.d
> directory. This is provided by the milter rpm. No config file
> was provided by the clamav rpm:
[snip]
> Any other thoughts?

Yes, look into milter.conf it probably has the VirusEvent setting.

Your installation is not standard, the rpms separate the server from the
applications and from the milter, whoever did that probably came with the idea
of using milter.conf which is not included in the source distribution.  My guess
is that they are copying clamd.conf into that file and then calling the milter
with the option to use that configuration.

[Rant] That rpm distribution is pretty bad, they install clamdscan without clamd
which is useless, they come with the milter.conf idea and probably don't
document it.

HTH
--
René Berber
[That's a René in html or Rene' in pure ascii]