Grant Basson wanted us to know:

>>Should you ever come back to visit this list you'll learn that everything
>>you need to know about this can be found in your clamd.conf file. That
>>leaves for you the challenge of finding that clamd.conf file.
>I feel like a twit, but here goes anyway.
>How the heck do you run clamd?
>Man pages suggest that I just type clamd, I get the following response:
>[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~]$ clamd
>-bash: clamd: command not found

It's not in the path for user "grant".  There should be a super user on
your system that will have that binary in the path.

>[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~]$ clamdscan
>ERROR: Clamd is not configured properly.
>Does this mean clamd is running?

No.  It probably also means that it is definitely not running.

>This is extremely confusing, any assistance would be GREATLY appreciated.
>By the way, I'm replying to this message, because clamd.conf man page, said
>clamd.conf was in /etc in my case I had to create it

There are some basic system administration issues that you probably will
learn over the course of getting this to work.
--
Regards...              Todd
we're off on the usual strange tangents.  next will be whether