On Tue, Nov 29, 2005 at 10:36:13AM +0000, Markus Braun said:

> >At that point, I would start looking in the clamav logs to see if there
> >are error messages related to scanning, I might add LogClean to the
> >config file to see if it is actually invoked, etc.
>
> yes thank you. I found in the clamav log this:
>
> Mon Nov 28 23:26:24 2005 ->
> /var/spool/exim4/scan/1EgrS4-0006HV-FL/1EgrS4-0006HV-FL.eml:
> Eicar-Test-Signature FOUND
>
> So he found the eicar test signature. But why is it in my inbox?
> What does clamav do with virus files?
>
> block or remove?

Neither.  Identify only - it's up to whatever uses clamav to make those
policy level decisions.

Again, look at your exim logs to see if you can find instances of the
message that you said you are using.  I am getting the idea that you
have not reloaded exim, and it is still running with the 'warn'
directive rather than the 'deny' directive.
|  Stephen Gran                  | Pecor's Health-Food Principle:  Never   |
|  [EMAIL PROTECTED]             | eat rutabaga on any day of the week     |
|  http://www.lobefin.net/~steve | that has a "y" in it.                   |