The Disc Shop wrote:
> Richard Hirner wrote:
>
>> At 28.11.2005, 21:38 +0100, Richard Hirner wrote:
>>
>>> [Sober.U not recognised]
>>>

>> The problem was that the signature directory of the FreeBSD port has
>> changed from /usr/local/share/clamav to /var/db/clamav, but I didn't
>> update the freshclam.conf so freshclam downloaded the sigs to the old
>> directory which isn't used anymore. I changed the directory in
>> freshclam.conf and it works now.
>>

> It's not being recognised on my email server either.
> # sigtool -l|grep -i Sober.U
> Worm.Sober.U
> # clamd -V
> ClamAV 0.87.1/1198/Tue Nov 29 20:05:20 2005
>
> I have checked that the Database Directory is correct in both the
> clamd.conf and freshclam.conf
>
> So I don't understand why it's still letting the virus emails through.

Does clamscan recognize it?  clamscan doesn't use the settings in either
clamd.conf or freshclam.conf... but clamscan does accept a
--database=/var/db/clamav command-line option.

--
Matthew.van.Eerde (at) hbinc.com               805.964.4554 x902
Hispanic Business Inc./HireDiversity.com       Software Engineer