On Thu, 01 Dec 2005 at 17:26:24 -0800, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Matthew.van.Eerde wrote:
> > The Disc Shop wrote:
> >> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >>  clamdscan --config-file=/usr/local/etc/clamd.conf abc
>
> Hmm... why is there a --config-file switch for clamdscan?

E.g. one can run more than one clamd instance (for testing purposes
etc.) on one system. Each of these instances can be of different
version, user running as, options.
Thanks to --config-file, you can instruct clamdscan _to which_ clamd it
has to connect.

> I see it's in the man page... does it really work for all options?

Only in the sense that clamdscan will use clamd which uses the options
specified in the config file. I.e. the way of clamdcan's work depends
indirectly on the specified clamd.conf - because the selected clamd
instance depends on that clamd.conf.

--
 Tomasz Papszun    SysAdm @ TP S.A. Lodz, Poland    | And it's only
 tomek at lodz.tpsa.pl http://www.lodz.tpsa.pl/iso/ | ones and zeros.