On Monday 30 January 2006 02:10, Rajkumar S wrote:
> > Where your problem is going to occur, as with havp, is in notifing the
> > user that their file was trashed unless the P2P software incorporates
> > the antivirus scanning inline with the downloading.  In such a manner,
> > the P2P can notify the user that the transfer was abort and why.
>
> One way would be to overwrite the matched signatures with zero, that would
> defang the file. Another way would be to use this in conjunction with
> desktop virus scanner where the gateway antivirus would provide "defence in
> depth", There is no fit all approach here.

well, some p2p apps keep checksums of their parts so they know the file went
across ok, so they'd see the zero'd out parts, the checksum would fail, and
they would try again, see the zero'd out parts, checksum would fail, try
again, checksum fail, try again....

I would say just ban the use of p2p apps like kazaa, limewire on your network,
and police it very closely.  Anyone who doesn't follow the rules gets the
door.

-Jeremy

--
Jeremy Kitchen ++ [EMAIL PROTECTED]

In the beginning was The Word and The Word was Content-type: text/plain
  -- The Word of Bob.