Steve Basford wrote:

We have had several phishes get through -- most appear to be Google, About, or Ebay redirects, such as: href="http://www.google.com/url?sa=U&q=http://81.196.204.130:82/webscr/index.php"; (A PayPal phish.)
Well, the above is just using Google to re-direct to the phishing site. I think they could on the people hovering the mouse over the link, seeing Google and then trusting the site, which you normally wouldn't do.
I found that when I get a link like that, it may show the link to google, but hovering the mouse over the link and look at the status bar at the bottom of the thunderbird and it will reveal the true direction. I do that to see where it really goes and I label it as junk or block it completely at my isp's web site for the settings of my incoming email and works out really nice.

Harold