On 3/16/06, Christopher X. Candreva <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'm running into issues where (so far as I can tell) .ppt files can take a
> long time to scan. As an exmaple, I have a 2.8 meg 5 slide .ppt file that
> takes 90 seconds to scan on an otherwise-quiet 1.5ghz Athlon.
>
> For camparison, a random 3 meg .pdf file scanned in under a second.
>
> Is this normal, expected, a known issue, or should I be looking for a
> mistake I've made ?

Known issue. :( I posted on it last year with no particular
resolution. As well as Office formats it appears to afflict large XML
files too. e.g.

http://lurker.clamav.net/message/20051217.152437.bcbbbbf5.en.html
http://lurker.clamav.net/message/20050922.133756.641817a2.en.html

"Your disk is slow" or "don't scan large files" is a common response.
If you can provide a sample file to Trog to help find out what the
real issue is that would be great.

--
des -- http://frommars.org/