Rene,

Clamav files are now installed, from the 10.0-i386 folder (with clamav and
database) and freshclam is updating the cvd file.   Thanks for the
directions to Reinhardt's packages.

I've tried to install Klamav, as I thought there'd be less chance of
overlooking problems.   However, the installation requires a
compiler! This message:

***** Dazuko
***** Running configure (./configure)...
checking host system type... Linux
checking for make utility... ok (make)
checking for C compiler... none found
error: no C compiler found on this system
***** Return value 1

The following site suggests where to obtain GCC compiler tools, but I'm not
sure if these fit SuSE 10.0 (they are part of suse9.1 Personal):

Website info from:
http://forums.suselinuxsupport.de/index.php?showtopic=4913&hl=gcc+compiler]

GCC tools at:
ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/suse/i386/9.1/suse/i586/

Suggestion from Logan at that website:

"My system (2.6 P4 HT, SuSE 9.1 Personal), here's what I downloaded and
installed:

gcc-3.3.3-41.i586.rpm
gcc-c++-3.3.3-41.i586.rpm
gcc-g77-3.3.3-41.i586.rpm
gcc-info-3.3.3-41.rpm
gcc-java-3.3.3-41.i586.rpm
gcc-locale-3.3.3-41.i586.rpm
gcc-objc-3.3.3-41.i586.rpm
glibc-devel-2.3.3-98.i586.rpm
libobjc-3.3.3-41.i586.rpm
libstdc++-devel-3.3.3-41.i586.rpm
make-3.80-184.i586.rpm

For each of these files I did the double-click thing and YaST took over. YaST
will automatically identify any dependencies for the packages you are
attempting to install (which is why my list became so long)."

-- --

Do you know if this information is appropriate for SuSE10.0?

Kelly
-