On Sun, April 23, 2006 11:04 pm, Steve Basford wrote:
> In order to optimize the use of my bandwidth for the unofficial
> phishing signatures, I want to put up a few example scripts on the
> main page of my site that users should use to download the phish.ndb
> file.

> The reason is that I've got quite a few users, downloading every 15
> mins, the same phish.ndb file, whether the contents of the phish.ndb
> file has changed or not :(

> I've just moved server onto a higher bandwidth package but it's not
> unlimited :)

> Could anyone come up with some good wget/curl scripts, with wget, I
> guess it's using the -N option to only download changes and only
> download hourly (eg.  15:00, 16:00, 17:15, 18:15) etc.

> Sorry to be slightly off-topic here...

Here's the portion of my update-deffiles.sh script that deals with
ClamAV running on FreeBSD 6 (uses fetch not wget):

#!/bin/sh
cd /var/db/clamav
echo ""
echo "Fetching MSRBL Images database"
/usr/bin/fetch -Aa http://download.mirror.msrbl.com/MSRBL-Images.hdb
/usr/sbin/chown clamav:clamav MSRBL-Images.hdb

cd /var/db/clamav
echo ""
echo "Fetching UnOfficial Phishing database"
/usr/bin/fetch -Aa http://www.sanesecurity.com/clamav/phish.ndb
/usr/sbin/chown clamav:clamav phish.ndb

echo ""
echo "Restarting clamd"
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/clamav-clamd.sh restart

Run via cron using:
25 04 *  * *    /root/scripts/update-deffiles.sh