Hi Dale,

I got the source from http://www.phpclamavlib.org/ but I also tried the Nick
Loeve code with the same results.

I'm running PHP 4.2.2 on  FreeBSD 4.6-STABLE. I have compiled other versions
of PHP for CLI use but I dont think that should be affecting it as they are
off the usual search paths/GNU tree.

I looked at your links and what you have looks good, but it will be a while
before I'm running PHP5

As it happens, my server will have a software upgrade on friday to FreeBSD
4.8 /PHP 4.3.4 and clam (but not the PHP lib) will become a standard install
then, so it will be installed at (i assume) /usr/local/bin or some other
more "standard" location, so maybe that might help with the PHP lib
installation.

I think I'll wait till then to try again. If it still is causing problems
what I might do have my PHP app place the uploaded file in a temp dir, PHP
exec clamscan with the remove flag on the file and then check if the file is
still there, is it is it was clean and if not it was infected. Sound OK?

Thanks,
Kevin