Steven Stern wrote:
Dennis Peterson wrote:
Nigel Horne wrote:
I'm trying to use whitelist with clamav-milter.
I have a question - is it possible to whitelist some domains
(not e-mails)
and skip virus checking for mail that come to these domains?
Unfortunately I can't find any examples/descriptions of whitelist
file.
You can't have looked that far, try "man clamav-milter".
I started from that place :-)

Man page says "This option specifies a file which contains  a  list  of
e-mail addresses." But I can't find any information abot format of this
file and about ways of defining domains (not addresess).
It tells you the format of the file: it's a list of e-mail addresses!
This has become rather circular. The question was how to whitelist a
domain. To whitelist Boeing.com, for example, would you enter 750,000
individual email addresses or add boeing.com, or @boeing.com, or
[EMAIL PROTECTED] The man page suggests a list of 750,000 email addresses or
nothing. Maybe there is no practical way to whitelist a large domain
given the synchronization issues, in which case the answer is 'there is
no practical way to whitelist a domain'. The man page offers no solution.

dp

In clamav-milter.c, it appears that the function isWhitelisted matches
on an email address, not a domain or wildcard characters.  It's noted in
the function comments as a TODO item.

It seems to me that you could make the change there and submit the code
back to the project.

My purpose was to goad Nigel into doing a bit more complete job of writing the man page for Clamav-Milter next time :)

dp