I see, thank you for the reply.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Freddie Cash
Sent: Wednesday, July 12, 2006 3:10 PM
To: ClamAV users ML
Subject: Re: [Clamav-users] Disable Specific Document Scanning

On Wed, July 12, 2006 12:37 pm, Nathan Tullis wrote:
> I am new to ClamAV and am just trying to get my head straight!  The
> business I work for currently uses a Postfix mail server, and we are
> running ClamSMTP using ClamAV of course.  My problem is that we
> receive hundreds of emails with Excel & Word document attachments
> daily.  Some of these "legitimate" files often get blocked, preventing
> the entire email from going through.

> My question is, how do I tweak ClamAV to allow Word and Excel
> documents to get through, but still filter out executables and so
> forth.  Or how would I go about creating a WhiteList of domain names
> that will be allowed to send such attachments through?

You don't configure ClamAV to do this.  ClamAV just scans files that
are passed to it, it doesn't care what format the file is in (to a
point).

You need to configure the "glue" product that passes the files to
ClamAV.  In this case, it's ClamSMTP.  No idea how to configure it,
though.  It may be that you can't configure it the way you want, and
you'll need to look at something else (like amavisd-new or Maia
Mailguard or similar).

----
Freddie Cash, LPCI-1 CCNT CCLP        Helpdesk / Network Support Tech.
School District 73                    (250) 377-HELP [377-4357]