Noel Jones wrote:
At 04:21 AM 7/19/2006, Maren Leizaola wrote:
Hi,
I have 2 machines running FreeBSD 5.4 and 6.1 runinig Clamav 0.88 and 088.3 respectively and I find that any virus in a zip file is not found.

I am not sure if this has been broken and we just didn't get virus in zip files or it recently broke.

I want to know how can I tell if ClamAv is calling unzip. How can I find out where it is trying to call unzip from?

Everything seems fine apart from this problem.

Unzip code is built into clamav, and is on by default.
Is there any way to debug this? to find out what Clamav is actually doing?
How do I get it to log what actions it is taking?

ZIP compressed virus still don't get scanned.
With "clamscan" zip scanning is disabled by the -no-archive and the various -max-* command line options. You can also specify an external unzip program with -unzip=/some/path/to/unzip, but you shouldn't use this, use the built-in unzip instead. With "clamdscan" zip scanning is controlled by the various Archive* parameters in clamd.conf and is enabled by default. And make sure you haven't set DisableDefaultScanOptions.

I just re-tested and confirmed it's working on my FreeBSD 5.5 and 6.1 with 0.88.3