Hello,

Lyle Giese wrote:

> I recently installed a Squid proxy server for one of my customers.  We
> would like to wedge in ClamAV for scanning and looking over the
> selections of open source software for this, I decided to try out
> SquicClamAV by Gilles Darold.(http://www.samse.fr/GPL/squidclamav/)

I would not recommend any Squid anti-virus redirectors for that task. I
tried several of them them and found some obvious bugs and shortcommings.

I would recommend to use apache2 and mod_clamav as parent proxy (without
caching) in front of squid instead. This works very well in a number of
small to medium-sized setups I mantain, and it is faster, too.

See http://software.othello.ch/mod_clamav/

Regards
Gunter