> On Fri, 8 Sep 2006, Dennis Peterson wrote:
>
> > Seems not to work in Solaris.
>
> As a Solaris fan -- you REALLY want to install gnu find, and grep, and
> fileutils. At least.
>
> Sun still for whatever reason doesn't support many newer options, newer
> being post 1989.

You can't imagine the Change Management hell we'd have to go through to do this
to all our production and dev/test environments. It really isn't worth the
aggravation.

And so far it hasn't been necessary as the workarounds have been in place for
years. But for the OP's application I still prefer Perl and it is in Solaris,
and can use direct socket communication with clamd.  (to drag this back on
topic :)

dp