On Wed, Sep 13, 2006 at 05:05:03PM -0400, Gerard Seibert said:
> Perhaps there is something else wrong on your OS. If this was really a
> software bug, then everyone, or at least a large number of users would
> be suffering this problem. I see no evidence of that anywhere. Perhaps
> an out of date library is screwing things up.

There is a known bug where freshclam can get stuck in a read from a dead
socket.  Recent CVS has fixed this bug, but it is entirely possible to
my mind that this could manifest as a a SIGPIPE on one platform and hang
on another.
|  Stephen Gran                  | You will be married within a year, and  |
|  [EMAIL PROTECTED]             | divorced within two.                    |