John Rudd wrote:
> And, I'm happy to _write_ such a beast.
Very good!
> I'm not just requesting it from someone else.  I'm just saying, that's
> what the OP's request brings to my mind.  The main thing that keeps me
> from writing it is: that lack of a "-current" copy of the download
> archive.
Assuming what you mean is something like
"http://some.site.net/some/path/clamav-current.tar.gz";, as you said in
the previous post, there's :
- http://www.clamav.net/snapshot/clamav-devel-latest.tar.gz, for the
development version
- The DNS record current.cvd.clamav.net, for stable version.

What I did for stable version is use something like this :
VERSION=`host -t txt current.cvd.clamav.net | gawk -F \" '{print $2}' |
gawk -F \: '{print $1}'`
wget
http://optusnet.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/clamav/clamav-$VERSION.tar.gz

Choose your favorite SF mirror, of course.
There are some configuration file (clamd.conf, mostly) syntax change in
0.88 -> 0.90, so the above example might not be useful for such
transition. It would be useful for 0.88.7 -> 0.88.8 (should it ever come
out) and 0.90 -> 0.90.1 (in the future)

Regards,

Fajar