G.W. Haywood wrote:

Hi there,

On Thu, 8 Feb 2007 Rolf E. Sonneveld wrote:

Did you get any response on this issue on the development list? The
problem still occurs now and then (occassionally, once every two or
three weeks, without a pattern). Today I came in the office and found
freshclam had died again. Logfile:

--------------------------------------
Received signal: wake up
ClamAV update process started at Thu Feb  8 04:03:52 2007
WARNING: Your ClamAV installation is OUTDATED!
WARNING: Local version: 0.88.6 Recommended version: 0.88.7

Looks like you're using an out of date installation, although it also
looks like the version you're running should have the fix for a known
problem which caused these symptoms:

http://www.mail-archive.com/clamav-users@lists.clamav.net/msg24614.html

Check that the version of freshclam that you're using is at least from
the 0.88.6 release.

It is, as far as I can see:

-bash-3.00$ /opt/ClamAV/bin/freshclam --version
ClamAV 0.88.6/2537/Thu Feb  8 11:22:43 2007

If it isn't, it may indicate that you're seeing a
problem that's already been fixed.  I'd upgrade anyway, developers very
seldom like to see bug reports on out of date packages...

I agree, but as ClamAV had quite a number of new releases last year, and we had to implement them on multiplet systems each time, I was waiting for 0.90. That may have been too optimistic ;-)

/rolf