Wolf, Brian wrote:
Brian wrote:

both freshclam and clamd 0.90 have been dying with
"Can't lock database directory" every time a new version of signatures comes out.

It looks like my problem was caused by having freshclam run a script after an update using the OnUpdateExecute line in freshclam.conf. The script created a file containing the EICAR pattern and then scanned it with
   cat /tmp/eicar.com | /usr/local/bin/clamscan --quiet -

Once I removed the clamscan command, the error went away.  This
command worked okay in previous versions.

I get that same error and I don't run a script. Still haven't figured it out.

dp