Dennis Peterson wrote:
Odhiambo Washington wrote:
* On 20/02/07 16:25 -0500, Kevin Way wrote:
| Dennis Peterson wrote:
| >> So, its been a few days. How is everyone feeling about the new version? | >> I've hesitated to upgrade just yet. I've seen alot of feedback indicating
| >> problems and very little about smooth and great upgrades.
| >>
| >> What's the general concensous - You can't upgrade fast enough or Stay where
| >> you are?
| >>

| >>     | >
| > I just had to back it out of production. It would not run more than a couple | > minutes under a normal load that 88.7 shrugs off. It dies without any error
| > messages.
| stopped.  No errors, just no more action.

Hi Dennis,

Have you considered upgrading again?

I tested 0.90 on two very busy servers (Exim/Clamav) and had to back off
to 0.88.7 because of same reasons....
I simply could not figure out why it could not perform as 0.88.7.
I am waiting until we have 0.90.1 in the FreeBSD ports tree before I can sit down and try once more.

I am running 0.90.1 without the experimental code enabled, and it is doing very well. On five production servers the memory footprint and performance are improved over 88.7, and there have been no forced restarts.

dp
I also rolled out 0.90 into production, it ran fine for a few hours then I noticed heavy IO load coming from clamav, so much infact it affected the entire performance of the server, before it just stopped working. I compiled it without experimental code enabled, but I had to back it out. I noticed in the ports there is 0.90_3, maybe ill give it a shot today on a secondary filter or something.

-SO