On 13 Mar 2007, at 12:54 AM, Kevin W. Gagel wrote:

Mark,

I feel for you. I use the source to install and un-install. I assume this
is the reason I'm not having the problems some others have described.

I also use the source to install/re-install 0.90 and 0.90.1 on OpenBSD. Tried it on a second, less used machine and clamd just stopped responding after 3 days. Reverted to 0.88.7 and no problems since, other than out-of-date complaints... :(

There are definitely high CPU and unreleased file handles issues as I am using 0.9? as a drop in replacement for 0.88.7. All config files (other than clamd.conf getting booleans) remain the same.

Sadly I could not try the libmap solution as libmap does not seem to be available on OpenBSD.

Abdul